Amanda and I wanted to update you on the steps we are taking to keep our visitors, employees and the community healthy and safe.
Your wellbeing is our top priority as we join organisations across the world in responding to this global health challenge. Our hearts go out to everyone affected by COVID 19 (Coronvirus). We want you to know that you are constantly in our thoughts. Since HOME on the High Street opened in late 2018, HOME Slough has been about community and that will never change.
In light of the Prime Minister’s statement yesterday, we have decided to close HOME on the High Street from Tuesday 17 March 2020. A reopening announcement will be made once it’s safe for the public to visit again.
With so many events being cancelled and the advice to practice social distancing now happening all around the world, many of us will be spending a lot of extra time at home. But we’re creative people so at least we’ve got no worries about getting bored!
While some of us might be able to spend a bit more time working on our creative projects, we all know that in tough times, supporting others in our communities is more important than ever.
How can the creative community support each other right now?
- Check in on your friends and family. Things are stressful and reaching out to others is important.
- Following us or your favourite artists, poets, designers, musicians on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, or simply adding a new project, song, design, piece of poetry etc. to your favourites (or leaving a nice comment!) is an easy way to share a little love.
- For anyone you already follow, liking their photos and posts and leaving friendly comments, will help others in your social media circle find them.
- Do you know someone who is elderly, vulnerable or self isolating? Could you offer them help during this outbreak? Many communities have rallied to help older people or those living alone and many are using social media to unite those who can provide assistance, some under the hashtag #HowCanIHelp.
- For those not on social media, you could always pop a leaflet through their door offering help. Sample leaflets are available at https://covidmutualaid.org
- Finally, if you’re feeling anxious and would like to talk to someone, please take a look at this website:https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/understanding-stress/ Please reach out if you need to: you are important and worthy, and people are there to listen and help.
Please take good care of yourself and your loved ones in the weeks ahead.
We’ll continue to monitor developments and be guided by advice from the UK Government, Public Health England and Arts Council England.
Also look out for regular updates from us as we navigate this evolving situation and thank you for being part of the HOME Slough family.
HOME Slough Director
HOME Slough Operations Manager
Tel: 01753 571 093